I finally managed to finish something I started sewing for myself! Hurrahs... usually I end up cutting things out then leaving them for months while my attention is taken up with working on things for other people.
I posted previously about my Summer blouse plans here and here, and finally it's done!
Here are the buttons I used, vintage bakelite I got to replace the original ones which were sadly damaged in the post.
I used the bodice pattern from this vintage playsuit from newvintagelady's shop on etsy.
I had to make a few adjustments - I converted the pleats at the waist to darts, extended the bodice down from the waistline to make the blouse shape, and narrowed the shoulders by a couple of inches as the pattern turned out to be too broad for my frame. I also got rid of the notched collar and made it a smooth winged collar instead, as I think this is a more classically 1950s look.
I'm really glad I made a mock-up of this shirt from linen beforehand, it allowed me to make a lot of necessary tweaks to the fitting. (Note to self: take the picture of the garment before you've had it tucked into your jeans and made it all wrinkly.)