Friday 6 May 2011

New hair and vintage specs!

I finally got my hair cut! I've been wearing it covered up under a scarf for months, as one side was shoulder length and the other side was slowly growing out from where I shaved it, so once it reached about three inches I decided to go for the chop for Summer. Here it is! It's so short, I'm really not used to it.


I also found out a while back I need glasses for reading and computer work. The 1950s frames are from a US etsy seller, and I had them reglazed at www.specs-by-post.com who were the cheapest I found for lenses which included the anti-reflection coating I needed.

This is the picture I took to the hairdresser, the lovely Claudette Colbert, I had admired her hair ever since I saw 'Let's Make it Legal'.


I think what I came out with is actually quite a bit shorter on top, something more like this but even shorter:


Also, as a rule I never roll upwards at the sides when setting my hair, but the hairdresser did. I'm worried it looks a bit too Pat Benatar!


I've not needed to do anything with it yet, but I'll have a go at a different curling pattern tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. You really suit this, I wish I had the confidence to get my hair cut short!

    (just randomly came across your blog) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the specs on you. they look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not even reMOTEly like pat benatar (ugh!) *haha! & you are cute as a bug in those new glasses! I had very short (for me) hair for a while due to a peroxide accident and yes, it is hard to get used to...but it forces you to be creative and it DOES look good! Yeah, try that marilyn curl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! and your new/old glasses really suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i ADORE your style! Hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the hair, love the specs! You look fab :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies! I'm still getting used to it, I keep seeing my reflection and being shocked!

    Nooo peroxide accident... I had one of those when I had my mohawk, eventually after years of bleaching it just broke off at the crown like spaghetti! Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful, definitly more Monroe than Benatar! Love your glasses too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can so work it so it looks like Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday!

    ReplyDelete