Friday 23 March 2012

1950s atomic box table thingy... all mine!


Here is my latest eBay purchase! I'm picking it up on Saturday. The seller had it listed as a sewing box, but I'm thinking it might be for LP storage? It's 16" wide, so as you can see, the inner width of the large compartment will be just over 12" judging by the picture.


Anyway, I will be using it to store sweaters as my LPs live in the front room and this will be a bedroom piece, with all my gloves and scarves going into the little drawers at the front. Fabulous! I may also revamp it a bit by painting the drawer fronts or changing the knobs.

4 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Never seen a piece like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love quirky bits of furniture like that.

    Oh the yellow brogues came from Primark, sorry not to reply sooner to your question. I forgot :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! You did well there - hope it was a bargain! :)

    ReplyDelete