Friday, 18 March 2011

Vintage Blouse Project: Bakelite Buttons Update

After the disaster that was my first bakelite buttons purchase for this project, I was somewhat disheartened. However, I've cheered up a bit after the replacements I ordered from OritDotan on Etsy arrived safe and sound. Here they are (there are actually six):

Not as nice as the bamboo effect of the first lot, but these are the right size and colour, and the cut grooves in the bakelite are a nice touch.

As soon as I have some spare time I'm going to draft a pattern for the blouse from a vintage dress bodice, and I think that for the first time ever I might bother to make a muslin, I don't want to cut up my fabric only to find the blouse is too small in the bust or has weird armholes.

I'd better get to it soon, Spring is most definitely upon us here, the crocus have been out for weeks and the blossom is budding on the trees... here is where I planned to put a picture of myself being Spring-like, but it appears that there exist no outdoor photos of me, so instead here are some Spring rolls I made last week (and sushi and stuff). Yum.

1 comment:

  1. I like the new buttons, even if you weren't able to use the original ones for the same project.

    Love the tray and your meal, yum!