Thursday 10 March 2011

Exfoliating: Part One

My skin is annoying. I get spots around my chin, it's very sensitive, and I have dry patches on my cheeks and forehead that stop me from being able to wear foundation because they absorb it and show up the true flaky horror.

This week I picked up Boots No.7 'Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion Exfoliator'. Normally I would not pay £11 for a facial scrub, but at the moment Boots are running one of their spend £5, get a £5 No.7 voucher promotions so I got it for £6. I like to take as much advantage as possible of these offers, and can usually manage to stock up my makeup bag for a few months until they next run the promotion.


I used it for the first time tonight. I've never found an exfoliator I liked before - usually they've either not got enough bits so there's not enough scrubbing action, or the bits are made from crushed fruit stones which are just too big and scratchy. However, I like this product so far; a pea-sized amount did the whole face, and because the exfoliating particles are aluminium oxide crystals they are nice and fine, you can really work them over the skin. According to the box, 100% of testers saw an improvement after using it twice a week for two weeks, so we shall see how it goes.

My face was a bit pink and tingly afterwards, so I smoothed on some Full of Grace facial serum from Lush, I love this stuff. It's like a waxy bar which you melt by stroking it onto the face at night, and when you wake up your skin is beautifully soft and soothed. Flakes, be gone!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that the person who put the dress that you were interested in on hold has backed out. If you are still interested, it's now available. :)

    ReplyDelete