Monday 5 December 2011

Alternative Women's Institute Charity Tea Party

A few weeks ago I went to Nelson in Lancashire for the Alternative Women's Institute annual tea party, which was raising funds for Derian House children's hospice. I had a stall there alongside some other lovely traders, including sparkly jewellery made by my friend's mum, and Bits from Ditz cute jewellery and pretty vintage teacup candles made by my friend Marianne in aid of B-eat eating disorder charity.


Here I am with my sister Ginny, take a look at her sewing blog Buttons and Bobbins! Her outfit is entirely self-sewn and features the 1950s draped top I've been working on, she lent me the pattern after making it for herself. She also crocheted her own snood! My hat and outfit are also self-made, apart from the sweater which was knitted by our mum.


Some of the spread! The AWI ladies worked very hard to create a massive selection of glorious cakes, sandwiches and finger foods, including some special vegan ones for me! Everyone got their own trio of vintage china to use on the day, and a little goodie bag with recipes. Over £1000 was raised for the hospice!


These photographs were taken by the incredibly talented Donna from ClickClickBang Photography, her work is beautiful and her wedding and model shots are something very special indeed.


Here I am with my friend Alison, we've known each other since we were eleven and I love being able to see her, even though it's only a couple of times a year. I can't wait for next year's tea party!

4 comments:

  1. I never get over how fantabulous your fringe is! And I am still head over heels in love with your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I always try to have my fringe nice, even if the rest of my hair looks like a rodents' nest and must be hidden by a scarf!

    I'm thinking of doing some of the pinafores to sell seeing as I am el skinto :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had known about the tea party. Derian House is literally two streets away from me. Hope you raised lots of money for them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do one every year, but the charity changes every year. There's a regular Burlesque and Cabaret night being held quarterly in Rawtenstall in support of Derian House though, one of the ladies had a baby boy who was cared for there before his death, so she fundraises for them regularly, her group is called Dexter's Wish. The next cabaret is on Friday, I'm doing a stall there too :)

    ReplyDelete