Saturday 13 August 2011

Rebellion Punk Festival 2011 - (drunken) Pictures!

Last weekend we headed off to sunny Blackpool for our annual holiday to Rebellion Punk Festival (formerly Wasted... and before that it was Holidays in the Sun, I've been going for ten years but this was Paul's 3rd). First, let's get the shopping out of the way!

On the condition that I didn't get anything else all weekend, Paul bought me this Lux De Ville 'Sin City Motor Tote' handbag from my friend Kathy, whose shop Rockers had a stall at the festival. I may just love this thing more than life itself.


Plus it has a leopard satin lining, and room inside for all my gubbins.


We also got a record each, mine is an album of NOFX rarities and Paul's (his first vinyl, aww!) is a Tenpole Tudor album. Pure 80s punk cheese... the singer, Ed Tudor Pole, is a descendant of Henry VIII and used to present The Crystal Maze on TV, he took over from Richard O' Brien of Rocky Horror fame. Best game show ever? Quite possibly... plus they both had fabulous taste in frock coats.


We also found out a local artist has done a painting of us! Her name is Corrine Streetly, this picture of us at the 2009 festival is for sale for £1000... good lord.


A couple of band pics... punk rock Überlord Jello Biafra!!! He was amazing, and his band The Guantanamo School of Medicine were great.


Stza Crack, of Choking Victim and Leftöver Crack... bands I love from my past, definitely not vintage or one for those of you with delicate little ears.


Things got more drunken as the weekend progressed... Paul, Fiona, my Paul.


Me with the paintings of us! I also got the Mad Sin t-shirt, they played on the Friday night and my friend Sally is the bassist's girlfriend and runs the merch stand. This is the first year I've ever been able to squeeze into a girly fit t-shirt... go weight loss!


Here I am posing in our hotel room so you can see my hair (day 3, brushed out my curly set and backcombed it) and makeup.


Here I am with Gemma, she is one of my best friends but we only see each other every few months since she moved away. I miss her.


The Pauls enjoy a lunch break...


Ridiculous posing... our friends Ciana and Steve, Lee and Alessia, myself, and the Pauls.


This is what four days of late nights, cider (that's the fizzy kind with alcohol, America) and a diet of fried potato products will do to you.


3 comments:

  1. It was only my first vinyl cause it was only £3 and because I only buy cd's :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never been to Rebellion....shame on me coz its only up't road! Love your fab bag...been drooling over the red and black one for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta! I've been coveting it since Kathy got them in stock a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete