Tuesday 26 June 2012

Date night outfit, and I really need a haircut!

On Thursday we went out for the evening, for dinner then a film. We went to Dough which I cannot recommend highly enough; their modern twist on Italian fare is fantastic, with unusual but delicious pizza toppings a speciality. They also do vegan and gluten free options, and vegan desserts!

I had a gorgeous garlic portobello mushroom with vegan Worcestershire sauce and rocket, the veg deluxe pizza, and a vegan pear and chocolate torte for dessert. Paul had the antipasti followed by goat's cheese salad with beetroot and smoked salmon.



I wore my yellow skirt again, it's basically been the basis of my wardrobe since I finished it a couple of weeks ago.


With my cardigan and bag - cardigan is Collectif, bag is Lux De Ville, both from Rockers.



A quick hairstyle was needed, so I used hot rollers. I liked the bouncy curls, and my fringe came out EXCELLENT, for once! This is how ridiculously long my hair is now though, I haven't had it cut since last April. My local hairdresser went out of business last month after sixty-odd years in the same shop - the chap who cut my hair had been there since the seventies, and his teacher for years before that - I feel partially responsible, for not giving them my business often enough and instead making do with stupid long ratty hair.



This is what it looked like after about six hours, with only mild exposure to damp air. Terrible. I have booked in with the gorgeous Bethany Davies of The Vintage Beauty Parlour on Thursday for a cut, she did my hair in a Betty Grable inspired style for my boyfriend's award presentation here, so I have no doubt it'll be amazing!


5 comments:

  1. I love your necklace - so pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still in love with this skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that, you look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is so amazing (did I say this already at some point? I've been so slack at keeping up with commenting) - I would be wearing it all the time as well!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete